12/27/2011

Another Year in the Park

I remember the day as if it was yesterday. I was driving to work (my old job), trying desperately to get myself motivated and excited about the day to come. I was failing miserably. What I wanted to think about was gardening and my time at Ault Park. That’s when I hatched an idea: What if I went to the park each day for one year and wrote about what I saw and my work in the gardens for a blog on Ault Park? 

That was over a year ago- I already lost track of time. I was a bit naive and over excited about the project to think I would make it to the park each day. This little thing called life kept getting in the way; work, laundry, grocery shopping and cooking. Nonetheless, I did find myself at the park quite a bit, often several times a week. I started by adopting one garden, which led to three and an unofficial plot and recently assisting with a raised rock garden that needs rejuvenation.     

I can not image a time when I will not garden at the park, take photos and talk to park goers.  I will head up the adopt-a-plots in 2012. I am very excited about this honor and hope my hard work and enthusiasm will translate to a wonderful year for the gardens and the gardeners who have adopted plots in the park.

So, A Year in the Park is now Another Year in the Park. There is much  more work to be done, more gardens to tend to and photos to share.  I hope you will join me in 2012.

1 comment:

  1. It's great to know how the park served as your motivation to live life. I feel for you. Gardening has also been my motivation since I was young. I feel happy and rejuvenated every time I see my plants grow day by day.

    ReplyDelete